Are you seeking a rewarding, person-focused and caring role? If you are and you’re a motivated, self-starter who wishes to work with an employer who puts its clients and staff first, Family Carers Ireland may have the opportunity you’re looking for.
Family Carers Ireland provides a wide range of supports to family carers across the country and delivers thousands of hours of in-home support each week through our team of loyal and dedicated Home Care Workers. While our teams on the ground predominantly deliver home care packages to older people in the community, we also provide respite to those in need of additional support and care as well as palliative care in some parts of the country.
The provision of care to an individual in their home is a truly important task and Family Carers Ireland wants caring, dependable, motivated and qualified staff to achieve this.
We pride ourselves on providing top quality care through:
- Continuity of care i.e. the same Home Care Worker is scheduled to provide care to the same client on an ongoing basis;
- Each client call has a lead Home Care Worker and a support Home Care Worker to ensure that staff can take their leave comfortable in the knowledge that their client is being well looked after in their absence and ensures that our continuity of care ideal is maintained;
- We engage in regular monitoring calls, home reviews and client satisfaction surveys and make appropriate changes to Care Plans as required;
- We employ qualified Home Care Workers who, at a minimum, hold a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Care Skills and Care of the Older Person and are working towards achieving a major award in Healthcare;
- We undertake the Garda vetting process for all incoming Home Care Workers;
- We require all staff to complete the mandatory Children First and Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults training;
- We hold quarterly team meetings where our staff have the opportunity to meet with their local manager for training, organisation updates and to share information.
Some of the benefits of working for Family Carers Ireland are:
- Flexible working hours;
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Opportunities for progression;
- Mentoring from your local manager;
- Employee Assistance Programme.
The role of a Home Care Worker is one of the most important in our society and requires a desire to care for and empathise with people. If you feel you have the necessary skills in addition to the required qualifications, please review our vacancies or contact your local Family Carers Ireland centre for further information.