To make a home care services enquiry, please call us today on 1800 929 020 or complete the online form.
Family Carers Ireland (FCI) has been embedded in homes all over Ireland for more than 30 years, providing quality respite, emergency respite and home care. We are a HSE approved home care provider and pride ourselves in the knowledge that we understand your needs and are truly committed to ensuring you are safe, comfortable and cared for to the highest of standards.
As a not-for-profit organisation, any profits earned from the delivery of home care goes directly back into supporting family carers through the provision of specialised training programmes, respite breaks, equipment supply, emergency respite/respite provision, advocacy, peer support groups, emergency care planning and many other worthwhile initiatives. At FCI, we build our care plans around your family’s needs – not profits.
We know care better than anyone, as we have supported family carers for over 30 years, thus understand that every carer situation and requirement is different. Our focus has always been on providing a personalised, tailored and quality home care service that responds to your changing needs with comprehensive, premium quality supports. All delivered by professional, friendly and empathetic Home Care Workers.
- Consistently high quality care in the home.
- To always consider the needs of the care recipient and of the family.
- Knowing your Home Care Worker and them knowing you. Continuity of care is vital.
- A dedicated Home Services Manager to liaise directly with the family.
- Ongoing monitoring of your home care service.
- All of our staff are Garda vetted and trained to the highest standard.
We pride ourselves on providing top quality care through:
- Continuity of care i.e. the same Home Care Worker is scheduled to provide care to the same client on an ongoing basis where possible;
- Each client call has a lead Home Care Worker and a support Home Care Worker to ensure that staff can take their leave comfortable in the knowledge that their client is being well looked after in their absence and ensures that our continuity of care ideal is maintained;
- We engage in regular monitoring calls, home reviews and client satisfaction surveys and make appropriate changes to Care Plans as required;
- We employ qualified Home Care Workers who, at a minimum, have paid home care industry experience of more than one year and are working towards achieving a major award in Healthcare;
- We undertake the Garda vetting process for all incoming Home Care Workers;
- We require all staff to complete the mandatory Children First and Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults training;
- We hold quarterly team meetings where our staff have the opportunity to meet with their local manager for training, organisation updates and to share information.