Take Care Of Yourself is a web-based resource intended for family carers of people with dementia.
It aims to develop and promote the resilience of family carers of people with dementia, by helping carers like you navigate the information and supports relating to dementia that are available in the Republic of Ireland.
The resource seeks to support carers through the medium of ‘carer story’ videos, as well as tips and advice from family carers who have experience of caring for a friend or family member with dementia.
Understand Together is a public support, awareness and information campaign.
It is aimed at inspiring people from all sections of society to stand together with the 500,000 Irish people whose families have been affected by dementia.
The objectives of the campaign are:
- To increase awareness of dementia and its impact on individuals, families and communities.
- To help communicate the lived experience of people living with dementia and those caring for them.
- To provide reliable information about dementia and signposting to services and supports to help those living with dementia, those caring for them, health professionals and the general public.
- To build on and support greater co-ordination of dementia programmes and initiatives across Ireland.
- To promote the uptake of dementia awareness training and promote information about brain health and ways to prevent dementia
- To inspire and encourage individuals, businesses and organisations and communities to become involved in taking steps to create inclusive and supportive environments for people with dementia and their loved ones.
- To promote and highlight the actions of individuals, businesses and communities to support people with dementia and their loved ones.