Family Carers Ireland is governed by a voluntary board of directors reflecting a mix of family carers, specialist expertise and general management background. All directors give their time free of charge to support the mission of Family Carers Ireland.
The board of directors is responsible for oversight and governance of the charity and comprises individuals with expertise in the areas of caring, management and relevant professional skills. To support the board in the performance of its function, a number of board sub-committees have been established as follows:
- Finance & Organisation Committee
- Audit & Risk Committee
- Member Services & Engagement Committee
- Quality & Safety Committee
- Research & Policy Committee
- Marketing & Fundraising Committee