Listening and responding to your views helps us to continuously improve. Family Carers Ireland is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We welcome both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a complaint;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
- we deal with it quickly and politely;
- we respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at our Board.
If you have feedback or a complaint – Step One
If you have a comment or complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact your local Resource Centre by phone or in person, or our Chief Executive Officer in writing.
When writing please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
John Dunne, Chief Executive Officer
Family Carers Ireland, Market Square, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
We are open 5 days a week from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm except Friday when we close at 5.00pm, and are closed between 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm each day.
What happens next?
If you complain in person or over the phone at our Resource Centres or National Office, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
What if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to Family Carers Ireland Chairperson at Market Square, Tullamore, Co. Offaly. The Chairperson will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.