Date: Thursday, May 27, 2021
Description: Family Carers Ireland are pleased to have partnered with Mental Health Ireland to co-produce this Mental Health and Family Caring Education Programme. This five-week online programme's aim is to support the supporters of people with mental health challenges. Adapted from the Meriden Family Programme 'Caring for Carers', this programme has been co-produced with family carers, supporters, people with lived experience of mental health challenges and
By the end of the programme participants will have:
- Had time to reflect on and build tools and techniques to enhance their self-care
- Expanded their understanding of the concepts of mental health, mental illness and recovery
- Increased awareness around their boundaries with regard to personal wellbeing and the caring role
- Had an opportunity to learn about and practice communication skills and active listening
- Learned about supports and services available for those who are caring
The programme will be co-delivered by staff from the Recovery College, Family Carers Ireland, Family Carers, and people with lived experience of mental health challenges.
Closing date for registrations: 22.04.2021
To take part in the programme you will need a smart-phone, laptop, tablet, iPad or PC and a reliable internet connection. The programme will be delivered through Zoom. All materials will be sent out to you in advance of programme delivery.
Location: All counties
Mode of Delivery: Online/Virtual
Pre-registration Required: Yes
Registration Details: Participants can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of Activity/Event: Free
Target Audience: New carer, current carer, young carer
Further Information: Please contact Bernadette O'Connor by email at email@example.com or by phone on 086 7749838.