How we value our donors
As a charity seeking donations from the public, Family Carers Ireland aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. The Guiding Principles for Fundraising are an agreed set of standards based on respect, honesty and openness that have been drawn up and adopted by many of Ireland’s charities including Family Carers Ireland. Find out more about it here
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Family Carers Ireland. We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the Family Carers Ireland’s mission, and of the way we intend to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on our Board of Directors, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to our most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Be dealt with professionally and courteously in all relationships with individuals representing our charity.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third-party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to your questions.
Commitment to Standards in Fundraising Practice
Family Carers Ireland is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. This Statement exists to improve fundraising practice, promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organizations fundraising from the public and provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support.
Family Carers Ireland have considered the Statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out. We consider the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity from training our staff and volunteers to reporting on fundraising activity in our annual report and protecting data. We provide honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public and welcome feedback for review by relevant staff. Family Carers Ireland is easily accessible to the public through post, telephone, e-mail and social media channels.