As a charity seeking donations from the public Family Carers Ireland aims to comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on fundraising from the public as outlined by the Charities Regulator.
Our commitment is to treat all donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and potential donors may have confidence in Family Carers Ireland and our employees.
We will apply your gifts to Family Carers Ireland towards the purpose for which it is gifted and in support of family carers in line with our mission.
We commit that our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identify of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedure for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation