Welcome to Family Carers Ireland’s Online Mental Health and Wellbeing Workshops for Young Carers!
Family Carers Ireland’s Online Mental Health and Wellbeing Workshops are for young carers between 12 and 17 years-old, living in Ireland. These are live online workshops on mental health and wellbeing themes, facilitated by licensed psychotherapists and counsellors.
There is a maximum of 15 spaces on each group. Sign up to a group in advance using the form below. You can apply up to 2 hours before the chat opens.
>> Register now
You will be anonymous in the chat. We will only use your email to send you a link to the workshop, to remind you when it is on and to get feedback. Please read the workshop guidelines and information about consent and confidentiality before registering.
Online Workshop Guidelines:
To create a safe and supportive environment, please follow the below guidelines:
- Be respectful and kind to others in the workshop. You might not always agree with everyone else’s views, and that’s okay but be sure to share your own thoughts without belittling someone else’s.
- Think about the language you use. Avoid offensive, sexually explicit or discriminatory comments.
- We want to maintain everyone’s privacy. Don’t use real names, contact details or share anything that could identify you. This could be names of friends or school etc. We also ask that you don’t record or take screen shots of the conversation.
- Please do not share links to other websites in the workshop.
- Certain topics are sensitive and best discussed one-to-one. They may spark memories, feelings or emotions that might be hard to handle. We ask you don’t discuss these topics during the workshops.
These topics include:
- Descriptions of self-harm injuries or methods
- Details of experience of abuse or trauma
- Anything that involves a legal issue/ criminal offence.
*IMPORTANT* if any of the above situations are relevant to you, make sure to talk about your experiences with someone you trust.
Consent and confidentiality:
Our priority is to ensure a safe and supportive environment for everyone participating in the online workshop.
When you sign up for a group, you will be asked for an email address, location, age and a username (not your real name). We will retain a record of these, a text record of the session and any evaluation form completed. These will be stored electronically on a secure server for one year after the conclusion of the group. Information that does not identify individuals may be archived and used by Family Carers Ireland for audit, and evaluation purposes to ensure that our service is working well for young carers.
Group workshop tool
Access to the online workshop is via LiveStorm. Once you have signed up for a workshop, you will be sent an email containing details on how to gain access. LiveStorm captures the user’s IP address. Family Carers Ireland will ensure that the IP address is deleted from LiveStorm’s platform following each group.
If we have serious concerns for the safety of someone participating in the workshop, we may contact them directly using the email provided.
In extreme circumstances, we may need to share information with other services if we are concerned that a person is at immediate risk of harm.
We want to offer the best support possible to every young carer who uses our online services. We would appreciate if you could complete the evaluation we send you in an email, once the workshop has ended. It will only take a few minutes but will make a big difference to us.
If you experience any issues while registering