Family Carers Ireland is the representative body for family carers throughout Ireland.
- As a Family Carer for €20 per year you can become a member, gain access to discounted deals and offers and also avail of our FCI emergency assistance card, where in the event that you become ill or are involved in an accident the card will make it clear that someone is dependent on you and outline who should be contacted to ensure your loved-one is taken care of.
- This card can also be used as ID to access our membership offers. Please see a list of offers here.
- As a Former Carer, Care Worker or Other for €20 per year you can become a member and gain access to exclusive deals – see list here. (Does not include FCI Emergency Assistance Card).
- If you are a Young Carer (Under the age of 18) you can become a member of Family Carers Ireland at no charge.
Please click on the following link to find out more information in relation to Young Carers – http://www.youngcarers.ie/
- If you wish to avail of our Associate Membership please contact email@example.com or call 05793 70221. Associate Membership is for those groups who wish to link with Family Carers Ireland without the benefits of full membership this entitles the group to avail of our Group insurance, Information and to attend the local regional forum and National Convention, Please note Associate member groups do not have voting rights.
- a strong representative voice that informs and influences Government policy relating to home-based family care
- a network at local and national level which can assist members who encounter problems or who need advice
- information from your closest carers’ resource centre about services, carer group meetings and activities
- subscription to our ‘Take Care’ newsletter with updates on the latest news, upcoming events and training opportunities
- a wide range of other supports